Monday, May 15, 2017

~THOUGHTS ON A SUNDAY MORNING...My Mother~

 My Mom is now the matriarch of our entire family.  Today she is far older than her own grandmother was in the picture above.  This photo was taken when I was a baby...a long, long time ago now.  My beautiful Grandmother and Great-Grandmother passed on many years ago.

Only my Mom remains.

I've watched my Mother grow truly elderly over the past several years, her body weakened from age, her voice crackled by time.  But, her mind is still sharp and I'm grateful we can talk, laugh and reminisce together because it wasn't always like that.

I can't help but wince a bit when I think back upon my teenage years and even those of my early 20's.  I did NOT like my Mom back then.  I didn't think she understood me or knew anything about life...or me.

How silly.

Life has been challenging for my Mom since my Father's slipped behind the heathered hill.  She quietly longs for the physical strength he gave her and the spiritual wisdom he always tried to impart.  Still, I sense a deep settled peace within her and seeing her yesterday brought me great joy. 

I continue to feel extremely grateful I'm able to spend physical time with the most talented woman I've ever known.

(Her prayers kept me going last year.)

Thankful today I can call her both Momma and friend.

Hope your day was a special.

Love to you...

Rebecca

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Lovely post. My Mom is struggling with my Dad being gone. He died last December and she's not handling this very well. She's lost weight and the strength is gone in her legs. Please if you would pray for her, I'd sure appreciate your prayers. Her name is Edith. Thank you.
Blessings to you,
d

Blog Archive