Wednesday, April 12, 2017

BACK AT IT...WHATEVER THAT IS!

Dear Blogger Friends...

Today I'm going to tip-toe my way back into the Blog World.  Honestly--I kind of feel like I'm having an out-of-body experience here! I know how to do it, you know,BLOG, but when you haven't done it consistently in a long time it's easy to start out feeling a bit dazed and confused!
 MORNING OF SURGERY - March 6th

So...I'm going to at least TRY to make my way back to some of the things I love!  I'm hoping to reclaim some of what I feel I've lost over the past few years...

Last Monday marked five weeks since my spine/neck surgery.  I'm going to spare you the details of the entire process and only say I'm thankful that I'm growing stronger each and every day and grateful to be able to work towards finding normalcy again in my life.  I've greatly missed doing the things I love and I'm absolutely serious when I say I will never take my good health for granted again.  I feel humbled and blessed to even be able to type out these words...  God is good.  

That is all I can say~

Here's an update on a few other things...
MY BOOTH AT SERENDIPITY MARKET

I still have my A Gathering Place booth at Serendipity Market in Edmond, Oklahoma, and I am still moonlighting there a couple of days a week as well.  I pretty much let my website stay EMPTY after the car accident as I found I wasn't able to keep it stocked while trying to stay committed to those other two things anyway.
SWEET FRENCH CHEST

Last weekend was Serendipity's SPRING OPEN HOUSE and so I was busy working as much as possible on things to stock my booth.  I'm still healing up so I'm working very slow!  My Mr. AGPMan has been super busy as well.  He fashioned a couple of really neat things for me and I can't wait to show you.

I'm still loving all things vintage, antique, soft creamy white, farmhouse (as if!) and nearly everything else that is flirty, romantic, French, fun or previously loved....  Here is a picture of a suitcase I painted for a special bride-to-be.  Her Grandma contacted me a few months ago and I promised her I would TRY and make her dreams of soft pink roses come true!
HAND PAINTED PINK ROSES!

My little Miss Mollie, our precious Yorkie, is still hanging on.  We visited her Vet about three weeks ago and he found her to be spry and inquisitive and didn't feel she was ready to be put down.  The tumor in her tummy is huge (Vet believes the underlying cause is heart disease or liver failure) and we know it won't be long before we will be forced to say good-bye to her.  She is 14 years and 3 months old (about 74 or so in human years) and we've been BLESSED to have her for so many years.
 Me and Miss Mollie 
(Taken Today!)

She is still our baby girl and our hearts are breaking as the  day draws near.  We are praying for an quiet, gentle passing...but we won't let pain invade her tiny body so we watch closely for signs of discomfort.  Those of you who love animals understand our hurting hearts...  We just hate all this.  We've prayed and asked God to give us peace as we proceed ahead...but it is so hard~

Today I met a man at Lowe's who snapped this picture of us.  He is a photographer and said he'd be honored to do a portrait of her for us.  I'm telling you...God brings the most amazing people into my life when I least expect it.  Not sure what I will do yet...but the beautiful gesture from him made me smile.

  To those of you who sent me notes, cards and emails during the past few months, well, I can't thank you enough.  I'm looking forward to better days and getting back to sharing my passions and joys with you.

Bless you all!

Love to you~

Rebecca 









19 comments:

Jeannie B. said...

I am so happy to see you posting again. That is a sweet picture of you and Miss Mollie!!

RachelD said...

And an exuberant, happy-to-see-you HELLO from way over here!

I'm so delighted to see you out and about, and cannot believe all the work you've accomplished so soon after your surgery. That suitcase is the dream of every girly-girl's heart---what a perfect wedding gift for a beloved grandchild. And the talented hands which created it will be long remembered.

So glad to know you're feeling like getting back into all your beautifuls, and i know they're inspiring you as you heal and gain strength.

Happy Easter from the Heartland!

rachel

NanaDiana said...

There you are!!!! I knew you would be back- as beautiful and bright as ever---with a whole new appreciation of good health and God's blessings. As always, everything you do is just beautiful.

I am so sorry about your 'baby'. Those of us who have had to put pets down certainly understand the angst and pain that proceeds that event. I have not been able to get another pet since I lost our Misty a few years ago. I just didn't think I could go through the heartbreak again.

I am going to do a little promo for you on my blog and for my friend, Bonnie, who has also been away from blogging for a long time. Love you- xo Diana

Mary Ann said...

So glad you are back Rebecca! I have missed your posts and your pretty pictures.

Can't wait to hear about Miss K...I know she has grown.

Lesley UK said...

Welcome back. You've been missed so much. Blessings and Peace

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

Hello, Rebecca! I just came over for a visit from Nana Diana's blog - and I'm very pleased to be here! Welcome back to the world of blogging! I already love what I see (that suitcase, oh my GOSH!!!) and your sweet little Miss Molly is just the cutest baby ever! My old girl, Lily, was diagnosed with cancer about 5 years ago and she is still doing very well, full of bubbles and life in the mornings and after a good nap....and when there is food around. She's got multiple large tumors but as long as she's not in pain we are leaving them be. She will be 15 in September and we are grateful for every day we still have her in our lives. Her daughter is almost 8, and a little cheeky brat, but I love her to bits also. Hope you get lots more wonderful days with your sweet Miss Molly!

Simply LKJ said...

Hi Rebecca, jumping over from Diana's today to say welcome back to blog land. Praying for healing as well.

Debbie Harris said...

Hello Rebecca~ I'm visiting you through our dear Dianna's lovely Blog, so nice to "meet" you and follow along you. My you have a lovely place here.
I was sad to hear of your precious little baby. We are animal lovers ourselves and we've had to put a few to rest, so I understand your sorrow.
Isn't God amazing in the ways He brings people into our lives when we least expect it. He loves every detail of our lives and cares deeply.

God bless you as you continue to heal as well as begin back at the things you love.

Easter Blessings to you~~

Unknown said...

Hi Rebecc! Popping in from Nana Diana's blog. Just wanted to say hello, love your blog and I will keep you in my prayers. Sounds like you're making progress since your surgery. Please be patient with yourself. I love your creations and really enjoyed reading your blog. Take care and I will be thinking of you.

NanaNor's said...

Dear Rebecca, so good to have you back; I guess I was unaware of your surgery and accident. My hubby had degenerative disc disease and may face surgery in the future-ugh! I'm so sorry for the declining health and last days of your beloved Mollie-I so understand the heartbreak. As always, I love your items in your shop. Praying for continued healing and renewed strength as well as peace and grace ahead for you with Miss Mollie.
Sending love your way!
Noreen

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

Oh, Rebecca! My thoughts and prayers are with you during your recovery process and your sweet Mollie. It is so hard to let go of a pet! They are just part of the family. Thank you for stopping by my blog. I understand about trying to get back into blogging. It is very hard after you have been away from it. I so appreciate Diana giving us the shout out! Take care and keep the faith in God!
Bonnie

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Stopping by from Diana's place and sending well wishes and prayers as you recover and gain strength. Hugs to you and Mollie. She's a cutie.

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Rebecca. I am so glad that you are healing more and more. You still haven't lost your beautiful smile and grace. What a long ordeal for you but hopefully it will get easier with time. Dear little Mollie. Just a little bit of handful that can hold so much sweetness and love. We have gone through this process a few times before, so I know the sense of sorrow that you are feeling. You will know the right time for her and she will stay forever in your heart. I am so sorry you are going through this. Have a wonderful Easter with your family and it's good to see you back..Happy Thursday..Judy

Debby Ray said...

Hello Rebecca...So glad to see you back! and first of all, I just want to know one thing...how is it possible that you can look so beautiful lying there getting ready to be wheeled into surgery?? :D I am so glad you are recovering well and are back to blogging! It surely has been a long journey for you. My heart goes out to you about having to deal with this precious fur baby's illness. They are a part of our families and I know from experience how painful it is. May your little Mollie continue to bring you joy as long as the Lord allows. May you have a blessed Easter weekend!

~Pam~ said...

Hi Rebecca, I am new to your blog..found you through Diana! You are in my prayers and you continue to go through recovery and also prayers for sweet Mollie. I understand this situation so very much. Be blessed and have a lovely Easter. HUGS

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Hi Rebecca! visiting from Nana Diana Takes A Break. Glad to hear you are healing and back in the blogging world. I love what I see here at my first visit so I will be following you. Your booth is so lovely and filled with all things I love. So happy to have found a new beautiful blog to follow!

Annesphamily said...

Hi Rebecca, I have missed you here and so many other absent bloggers too. I am tired of the social media and all the endless political jabbering. The meanness and hatefulness are awful too. It is nice to visit with those we care about but other than that the liberal atmosphere isn't my cup of tea.
I am happy you are doing well. You went through so much pain and suffering and I am so happy you are here and healing.
I am sorry about your sweet lil girl. It is so hard losing those furry lil phamily loves. She is loving you for caring so deeply for her. When our youngest daughter Hannah lost her lil chihuahua Roxanne she was able to hold her while she passed. She had been a joy in all of our lives for a short while as she was a lil rescue but oh the love we all had for her. Take care of yourself and your precious phamily. Love and many prayers for you today and always.
Happy Easter and happy weekend too! HUGS Anne

Jen said...

What a nice surprise to see this post today Rebecca! So happy your surgery went well and you are healing.
Sorry to hear about your sweet Molly...I know that pain having been through it 3 times. Our pups have always been part of our family and treated as such- they bring so much joy to a home.
Anyway, sending big hugs your way
Happy Easter!
Jeannette

Terra said...

Miss Mollie is a darling and that is a charming photo of you two. I am glad you are on the mend.

Blog Archive