Monday, October 7, 2013

~REWORKING THE STUDIO~

 I've been working in my studio as free time permits (yeah...like I really HAVE any of that!) and last week made some serious progress mixing things up.  These days I'm all about working smarter, not harder!

I'm lovin' the changes!

For whatever the reason, I just can't get rid of this truly funky looking chest of drawers with it's oddly placed knobs.  Decided to keep the aging vintage piece (that's actually super sturdy and strong) and just add some vintage French graphics to the front.  Inside the drawers are layers and layers and LAYERS of old lace and at this time of the year I'm digging inside them non-stop!

Christmas Stockings

Christmas Pillows

and

Christmas Sachets

are coming...
See this amazing table?  I scored it at an estate sale a couple of weekends ago for only $30.  It has two leaves which makes it long enough to fill up the center of my studio.  I'm way past the point of standing while I work and so the new addition of the table makes creating so much more enjoyable.  The solid wood top was originally varnished, as were the legs.  I de-glazed them and painted the legs and table skirting with chalk paint.  I stripped the top with Klean Kutter spray varnish remover before giving it a coat of AS dark wax followed by clear wax.  LOVE how it came out!  I'm loving this natural bit of wood in the room....
Finished these two Christmas Stockings a few days ago and several more as well...  The one below was fashioned using the flounce of an early 1900s cotton dress...  Love using vintage clothing and working them into new designs for the home.  Some pieces are tattered and worn and simply beyond repair.  So...the salvageable parts are given a new lease on life for a new generation to enjoy!
I'm hoping to be busy for the balance of the year and I'm grateful for the work and the biz...

Hope your week is wonderful.
 Just had to stop in and say hello.

Love to you...

15 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Rebecca,
Your studio is so lovely. I would think that just being in there would inspire so much creativity.
Love the table. You gave it the Rebecca touch!
Love those beautiful stockings too. Guess it won't be long before we are pulling out the Christmas décor.

hugs
sissie

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Your studio is gorgeous!! I love your Christmas stockings covered with bits and pieces of vintage lace

Carol

NanaDiana said...

What a great looking table and I,too, like the wood top. Your studio is looking great, Rebecca. I always picture you working in your sweet white world there. xo Diana

ps. How is Mr AGP holding up?

Marilyn said...

That table looks great and so useful. Can't beat that combination. Nice to see what you've been doing and I'm actually seeing your goodies on FB, too. Imagine that! I can see things, but have no clue how to add pictures, etc. Don't want to stress my pea brain that much! There must always be a whirlwind around you as you work. Take care and take time to smell some roses.♥♫

Jeannie B. said...

All beautiful to my eyes!

Nancy said...

You are so blessed Rebecca to have such Inspirational Talent and your willingness to share that beauty is ever ending, and so angelic~

How is your hubby doing?

Huggs, Nancy

Theresa said...

Oh Rebecca, you are surrounded with beauty:) Have a blessed day my sweet friend, HUGS!

Bente said...

Everything is beautiful. Love the gorgeous christmas stockings.

Hugs from me

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I love every little glimpse into your studio--those stockings are so pretty. Christmas will be here before we know it--there are not enough hours in the day!

Unknown said...

Love the stockings & the table, and especially the chest of drawers! Your studio is beautiful too. Blessings! Christy

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

It looks like you are having so much fun! The stockings are beautiful...as is your studio.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Ivy and Elephants said...

Everything is just gorgeous, Rebecca.
I love your work space and the beautiful creations that you make there. Let the holidays begin!
Hugs,
Patti

Maggie said...

Beautiful job on the table, Rebecca! I gotta go check out Klean Kutter varnish remover...sounds like a winner. The natural wood does look good in your all white room; good choice!

I'm always inspired by how you use old clothing in your creations, and take advantage of their beauty (with all the tucks and buttons and lace and such). Clever girl, you are.

Hope all is well in your corner of the world.

xox,
Maggie

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Hi Rebecca,

As always your studio looks fabulous! I agree totally on the note of sitting while working. I had a long absence from my blog over the past 2 years due to family issues. I'm glad to be back but I'm so far behind on what is going with everyone that I'll never catch up.

However, I did read your post about the fall that you took..I do hope you have healed without living in pain each day.

Hugs and Healing for you,
Steph ♥

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Your studio is wonderful and so is your work!

I have been thinking of you a lot lately and wondering how your recovery has progressed from your fall. I took a page out of your book and fell on the street, breaking my hand, hurting my knee and face, it is SO much better, and I praise God that it was not worse and that the healing is manifesting daily. Between that and losing Mom and having two family members in the hospital on top of it all, it has been a crazy time. But I wanted to drop by and cat h up on your life. Sound busy which is good.

Sending you love across the miles...

Blog Archive