Friday, March 11, 2011

~~~~~THIRTY THOUSAND DAYS~~~~~

~MY BROTHER IN 1991~
(Handsome Like My Daddy)

Yesterday while visiting my Face Book page I read a beautiful poem written by my beloved brother, Bill.  My brother is an amazing guitarist and singer/songwriter and has penned some truly inspiring verse.  He lives in California and I miss him more than I can say...

I've noticed over the years when I wasn't able able to find my voice amidst the chaos and strife of life I could always count on hearing his~

My brother and his childhood friend were nearly killed in a motorcycle accident while still in their twenties.  Two years ago he also lost his right kidney to cancer so his life has indeed been spared by the Most High for reasons I can only imagine...

(Thank you, Bro, for your lyrics!  Hope you don't mind me sharing them when the beautiful people in my world...~xoBeck)
~THIRTY-THOUSAND DAYS TO LIVE~

30,000 days to live
In years, that's eighty-two
We're told that life's expectancy's
The same for me and you
But some live more and some live less
And some live none at all
Depending on the circumstance
Of when we hear God's call

Of those 30,000 days
The way we choose to live
Underscores priorities
And how we take and give
The way we treat each other
Illustrates our choice
Of when we sit in silence
And when we find our voice

Of those 30,000 days
How many are spent learning?
Working? Laughing? Grieving?
Playing? Angry? Yearning?
Are the "Happy Days" the *best* one's?
Are angry days just lost?
Do cold wars pre-date frostbite?
Contained in permafrost?

30,000 times we choose
Today is HAPPY or it's SAD
Life's pendulum, it swings both ways
From wonderful to bad
For me, I choose contentment
(the middle's not so bad)
When weighing consequences of
"Too Happy" or "Too Mad"

Don't waste even ONE of 30,000
Anger will not serve you well
Slowly, rest assuredly
Descending down to hell
And soon hell becomes familiar
Then hell becomes preferred
Over tender places in the heart
Where "Happy" 's just a word

William P. Elliott
10 March 2011
  
Blessings to you today as you live the life God has so graciously allowed you to live.  Make the most of it.  You, like me, only have one.
 
Love to you...

10 comments:

Pellie / Penny said...

What beautiful and inspiring words to live by,
Thank you and your brother for sharing.

Hugs,
Penny

Anonymous said...

Rebecca,thank you for sharing your brother's inspiring poem with us. It is very beautiful and we all need to remember his advice. I know it makes me "stop and think"..
Have a happy weekend,
Hugs, Francy

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

Lovely - and worth the 'hanging on the fridge' status...so we can read and be reminded each day...to LIVE this life that our Lord gave us to the fullest...so that in the end..He can say "well done good and faithful servant"

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

This is lovely and glad you thought about us to share it with.
He must be a lot like you beautiful inside and out.
Love ya
Maggie

Susan said...

Rebecca , your brother's poem speaks volumes!!

NanaDiana said...

Rebecca, God's light just shines different ways in different people, doesn't it? I can tell that he loves deeply and I'm sure he has touched many lives with his warm and caring nature. You are blessed to have him for a brother. xxoo Diana

Rita said...

What great words your brother penned. Thank you for sharing that with us, also about his life.

AnneMarie said...

Such an amazing poem, truly inspiring. What a talented Brother!

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Such a poignant poem, Rebecca! Gosh, is just everybody in your family uber-creative or what?!?!

I believe I'll share this with our minister if I have your and your brother's permission!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Mariette said...

Dearest Rebecca,

That is quite 'touching' as my hubby will reach his 30,000 days on April 29 when the royal wedding in England is on! Let's hope there will be a couple of thousand days left for him to enjoy...

Lots of love,

Mariette

Blog Archive