Wednesday, November 11, 2009

"LOVE IS..." and Other Things That Matter

"LOVE IS...
Going On a Diet if He Prefers You Slim
(I Don't THINK SO!!!!)

Time again for my Wednesday "LOVE IS..." Post! Gosh...hump-day continues to get around rather quickly, doesn't it?

Now...I'm sitting here NOT believing my guy had the NERVE in the late 70's to send me such a clipping! Can you? My have things changed since then!!! If he EVEN attempted to send me such a thing today I would smack him up-side the head.

I would.

Trust me!

I WOULD!

I like this version much better, don't you?

"LOVE IS...Going on a diet if he wants you healthy!?"

Yes! Much, much better!

I really do believe that some of our thinkin' back then was a bit ridiculous! I mean, seriously! That is "PIG-MAN" mentality! And no, I did not mean "Big-Man"~ I MEANT "PIG-MAN!" I truly don't think I could live with a man who EVER said anything to me about wanting me SLIM!

ERR...

This little clippy MUST have just slipped by unnoticed by my 18 year old self!

Now...with all that off my chest~

About the DIE-IT I've been on for the past few weeks (very fitting for this Post, don'tcha think?)...

I'm going to be a total braggart and tell you I'm down 13.5 pounds! I've decided that Weight Watchers is the ONLY way to go! I'm FINALLY starting to recognize my face again (gosh...I've been missing her for soooo long now)! I hope my HEART <3 appreciates that I'm trying to take better care of her! Feeling good! Feeling fine! A bit scared I'll fall off the Catering Truck during the Holidays, but...I've decided I CAN do this! I can!! I can!!! I will!!!! Blessings to you as make good choices for your life...Rebecca

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Rebecca good for you!!! I don't have a weight issue but I am having a terrible time with my sugar issues- I know when I am off it the Fibromylgia systems are so much less but cannot seem to make the clean getaway ! So proud that you are sticking to your diet!!!

blessings
mary

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning My Sweet Rebecca!
I see you aren't sleeping either. I love to come here when I feel heavy in heart. Somehow you always help me find my way. Thank you my friend.

Country hugs, Sherry

Ldy ~~ Dy said...

I too like this version of the Love Is cartoon! Keep up the good work! You are doing it!! Hugs!

GwendolynKay said...

Ha! I laughed out loud... at smack him up along side the head! I have been overweight for many years now... it is frustrating for me... To hear that you have lost 13 lbs is encouraging. Thanks for sharing this.
Blessings!
Gwen

Dolores said...

Congratulations Rebecca, you're doing great!!

I wish I had the motivation and the discipline to join W/W. I know it's a good program, it worked for me 10 years ago, when I needed to lose 10 lbs.

Have a great day!!

blushing rose said...

I don't know where the pic is BUT I love your write. You said it well ... you go ladybug! Congrats! What with your determination I doubt you will have any problems going thru the holiday seasons, one bit. Really proud of you.

I wish I were able to diet ... but I'll just continue to enjoy your success.

Have a lovely day. Hugs of love, TTFN ~ Marydon

PS ~ Remembering all Veteran's that serve/served our great nation.

Anonymous said...

Good for you... It is not bragging. It is a wonderful accompolishment to feel in control of your life!! So-o-o-o happy for you!!
Have a Wonderful Day!
Love,
Marilyn

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Good for you. Several years ago I lost a lot of weight and was so happy. Then I was diagnosed and have gained so much weight back. I talk to the doctors all the time about it and they just tell me...you are alive aren't you? Yes, but(t)!! I enjoyed being a lighter weight so much...and boy did I love shopping for clothes.
So after you succeed at Christmas...buy some yummy top for yourself!!

June said...

You crack me up and that's one of the reasons I love you! The other reason is that you also make me cry.
You are so right about how times have changed...and by darn they should have!!! What were we thinking?!
So glad to hear the diet is going well. I'm scared to death of Thanksgiving and Christmas if truth be told. I have zero control.
Hugs to you sweet freind,
June

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Sounds like something I would say and do -- smack him upside the head!!!! 4-1/2 years ago, I started working out with two friends, totally changed my eating and lost 30 lbs which I've kept off since. Feel so much better because I made that life change. I don't have a taste for the bad stuff anymore. You can do it too! Love your candle makeovers. Best wishes to you, :) Tammy

Barb said...

Congratulations, Rebecca. Wow, this is awesome...so proud of you!

Love, Barb ♥

WandarArt.Stitch said...

Hi, your works are beautiful, warm greetings, Wanda

wandar-wanda said...

Hi, your works are beautiful, warm greetings, Wanda

Blog Archive