Monday, June 8, 2009

~VINTAGE HOME TOUR - Guthrie Oklahoma~

Last week while I was taking pictures of the vintage brick buildings in Guthrie, Oklahoma, I also snapped a few photos of some of the sweetest old homes in the town as well! Below are a FEW of those you can find in this historic town... I love the house above but it does sorta remind me of a little church...what do you think?

While my camera clicked away my hubby walked up and grabbed one of the information sheets on this property. This house is listed for $289,000. Not a bad price unless you consider the fact that you can just about touch the neighbor's house next door!

I especially love this one! Truly magical...but...those shrubs gotta go. I'm sure the owners are keeping them because they are no doubt as old as the house. Still...they remind me B-I-G GREEN GHOSTS! :(

Now...this house is a charmer! Painted yellow brick and all. Wasn't that song in the Wizard of Oz "Follow the Yellow Brick House?" :)...

Here's another beauty! Three full levels of absolute perfection! I'm not sure if the first floor was always "glassed in". I'm thinking that it might have once been an open porch...

Now...this is one I would buy! I love everything about it. The cream with white trim and the black shutters just steal my heart away... I could absolutely live here!

I can certainly appreciate the style of this beautiful home! Not one I would probably buy, but it is gorgeous none-the-less! Reminds me of something you'd find in Beverly Hills, California!

I fell in love with the porch and railing on this pretty home! It is in lovely condition and you can tell it's been well cared for...

In this part of historic Guthrie the streets are still red brick! I just love it!

Now...the next picture is something that will make your heart skip a beat...

What in the world happened? This is truly devastating to see. Not sure how old this house was...about 100 years old...don't know what caused this fire either!!! My Mr.AGPMan and I crept up close to get a better view of the interior damage and the entire thing is charred black! Someone's dream went up in smoke! :.....(

I promise to show you more vintage homes in Guthrie before the Summer's end.

Blessings to you as you wonder with me what it would be like if these houses could talk...Rebecca

21 comments:

Eclectic Chic Style said...

I love touring old neighborhoods, and yours was great, I think I would take any of them, they all are adorable. Those are some shrubs now aren't they, very odd. (Green ghosts made me chuckle and say oooh yea, they do!) You're so funny. Hope you have a wonderful day!
♥ Teresa

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

I just love seeing vintage homes and especially these. Thanks for sharing them, Rebecca. They are so unique and interesting!

Apple Tree Cottage said...

Oh, I love Guthrie!!! I haven't been back to Oklahoma for years but these pictures make me homesick. Thanks my dear friend for sharing them with us.

XXXOOO Martha

blushing rose said...

Your elegant tour of Guthrie is refreshing, bringing back fond memories ... it is such a beautiful city.

TY for sharing once again, Rebecca.
TTFN ~Marydon

Sue @ Not the Good Scissors! said...

I love old homes. I start envisioning the era that they were built in. I imagine how people were dressed and how the homes were furnished. Oh, just thinking about that furniture and how I would love to have some of those pieces.
Hugs and blessings, Susan

Anonymous said...

Hi Most Beautiful Rebecca! Oh, I loved the home tour. Gorgeous old homes. Yes, it's so sad to see the burned one!
Amen, sweet sister! Now many little children know about Jesus today. Breaks my heart!
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

June said...

Hi Rebecca,
Oh I love them. I want to move right into that sweet pink one (5th one) right now. I love it when you show us all the loveliness around you. Isn't it great when there is so much beauty in the world. Some of my friends (not many) seem to want to focus on all of the ugliness in the world. They are not even seeing the good. My heart aches for them. It seems that here in our little part of blogland, everyone focuses on the loveliness of this world. Thank you for sharing some of the goodness in your part of the world.
Hugs,
June

A Southern Rose said...

OH Rebecca, I loved the tour! All of the houses are beautiful but my favorite is the one with the glassed in bottom floor. Awesome! It made me sad to see the burned one too. Those shrubs are terrible! I don't like them at all. They remind me of that milk-shake man on the old McDonald's commercials. I wonder if they could be trimmed down and shaped into the shape of Christmas trees!? They would be pretty all decorated up!

Hugs,
Lee Laurie

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

GM My Dear friend..Thanks for the wonderful tour of homes...I could move into any of them...but the last one what a shame to see history up in flames like that...WOW!! only $289,000 great price...here in Ca. it would be more than that...May you have a blessed day ...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

A Joyful Chaos said...

Oooh what a fun post! I love vintage houses. I think the 7th one is my favorite.

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Oh my! I love each and everyone of them! Guthrie looks like my kind of town! Our historic district has some homes very similar to these. I pass by them every day and everyday I dream..... I never tire of looking at them!

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Good morning Rebecca...

Whew, you're right about those shrubs! They just don't do a darn thing for that home, do they? If they could only see that house without them. I think, sometimes, people get so used to looking at something that they really don't NOTICE any more. I loved the glassed in porch. It's just such a cute little place...

Happy Monday dear girl.

Blessings,
Spencer

Anonymous said...

My Fav is the "charming one". I Love all the windows in the front. No doubt an entry room!!
What a Great Post... I Love old homes!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Tara said...

Thanks so much for the historic tour! I love looking at old houses and have a start on my photo stockpile to do houses where I live. So sad about the burnt out house. Sometimes you wonder if the old wiring in these old places are safe or they could start fires. Take care and have a great Monday!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

They all look like right out of a movie. We don't have anything like this where I live. Thanks for sharing.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Oh dear...I thought I commented but saw that somehow I got sidetracked..no..wait..it was on my last post that I wrote to you...I TELL you, Rebecca...
Anyway...back to the subject at hand.
I LOVED the tour of homes! I could do that every day all day long!
I..would so love to have a buttercream painted home. I still might get one..but it is obvious it will be awhile! Still...when I start thinking for something..it is difficult for me to get it out of my head.
I LOVED your comment on my last post..but...I think we both KNOW who the muse is here...LOL..and it certainly isn't me..I have been following your other site..for..what..a long, long time..I have such admiration for your talent!! I know, I know, I've said that before!
Hugs,
Mona

Andrea said...

Rebecca, the houses are so charming! Each one has a special beauty! I do believe the yellow is my favorite! My home is bricked, and I would love to have it painted yellow.

Thank you for sharing these lovely pictures, and thank you for your precious comments on my recent post. I do need prayer and guidance!

I value your friendship. Many blessings.

Andrea

My Pink & Cream Cottage said...

Oh Rebecca how beautiful are these homes, I especially LOVE the one for sale & it is soooooooo cheap compared to over here & the one with the yucky trees out the front. Here in Coffs Harbour we do not have many old homes like these as I have only lived here for 23 years I am not sure if the old homes were pulled down or what but most of the old homes are down at the Jetty & you do not get much change out of $1,000,000! so way out of my price range. Thanks for the tour...loved it.

Hope your enjoying your summer...

Lyn xxx

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

These photos are great. Man, those green ghost shrubs are scareeeee. I was laughing just thinking about you laughing at them. I can only imagine how that conversation went. hahahahahaa!

Anonymous said...

I am somewhat new to Oklahoma and stumbled upon this fun blog of yours. My little family is getting some pictures taken in Sept. and I was wondering if anyone knew of someone with a beautiful restored old car we could take pictures next too for that old romantic feel, or if there are any other locations that might be a great place to shoot pictures at. I'm in Edmond but would drive to Guthrie too. Please e-mail me if you know of anyone and I hope to keep finding more inspiration on your blog! luann426@sbcglobal.net

jeni said...

Hi there! Love your blog! Just stumbled upon it. I know this comment is years later...but, the home that caught on fire was mine.=( It was my family's home for over 30 years. It was build in 1902 by the first doctor in Guthrie. The fire started due to old wires being crossed with new ones.

Blog Archive